MESCO had sought MIDC land at Rs 100/sq m
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Efforts from the Department of Sainik Welfare (DSW), Jatkar happens to be its director as well, to invite potential entrepreneurs for the plan yielded no results. Zilla Sainik Welfare Officers (ZSWO), Satara, subordinate to DSW, in a letter dated October 10, 2011 wrote to Jatkar, "An appeal was made in local newspapers asking for ex- servicemen to participate in manufacture of automobile and engineering components. The appeal has yielded no results."
In 2010, MESCO organised a seminar wherein MCCIA was requested to be the sponsor. In fact, a meeting between MESCO and MCCIA officials took place on Monday. However, Brigadier (retd) S B Ghorpade, chairman, Defence Committee, MCCIA, refused to reveal the outcome of the meeting.