Messi rejects colossal 460,000-a-week pounds offer to leave Barcelona
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Lionel Messi has turned down a record-breaking 460,000-a-week pound offer to quit Barcelona, according to reports.
The Argentina superstar was stunned when an unnamed Russian side, believed to be big-spending Anzhi Makhachkala, triggered his 205 million pound release clause , the Sun reports.
Messi was also offered a mind-boggling salary totaling 24 million pound a year after tax, according to reports in Spain, the paper said.
Barcelona was obliged to accept the offer, but Messi swiftly rejected the move after discussions with president Sandro Rosell and his family, it added.
The three-time World Player of the Year then pledged his future by signing a new Barca deal.