Messi rejects colossal 460,000-a-week pounds offer to leave Barcelona
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Lionel Messi has turned down a record-breaking 460,000-a-week pound offer to quit Barcelona, according to reports.
The Argentina superstar was stunned when an unnamed Russian side, believed to be big-spending Anzhi Makhachkala, triggered his 205 million pound release clause , the Sun reports.
Messi was also offered a mind-boggling salary totaling 24 million pound a year after tax, according to reports in Spain, the paper said.
Barcelona was obliged to accept the offer, but Messi swiftly rejected the move after discussions with president Sandro Rosell and his family, it added.
The three-time World Player of the Year then pledged his future by signing a new Barca deal.
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style