Meta-univ maths course to make ‘better teachers’
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
It will correlate mathematics with real-life situations. "We do not link mathematics with everyday things. In the meta-university course, we will not be dealing with the subject in an abstract manner," Pankaj Tyagi, the course coordinator at CIC, said. Rama Mathew, the dean at Delhi University's Centre for Education, said the syllabus has been designed to make "general pedagogy and mathematics" go hand in hand.
"It is a semester-based course. Unlike the usual theoretical and mechanical approach, emphasis is on projects, which will not be restricted to mathematics or education. Students can take up a language proficiency course during the meta-university programme," she said.
"We are trying to get recognition for the course so that the graduates can get jobs as post-graduate teachers at the school level. At present, they need a BEd as well as a master's degree in the subject," Bagai said.