Methi seeds help bring down blood glucose level
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Trust the good old green leafies to come to the rescue. For millions of diabetics, hope comes in the form of fenugreek (methi) seeds. Scientists at the Pune-based National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) have prepared a novel formulation from extracts of fenugreek seeds that helps bring down the blood glucose level in the body and hence proves to be a boon for diabetic patients.
Scientists realized that to manage a chronic disease such as diabetes, it was pertinent to test the sustained lowering of blood glucose levels for a long period of time. Their research demonstrated the anti-diabetic potential of the formulation that remained effective for a longer period of time.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within