Methi seeds help bring down blood glucose level
- Hardik Patel walks out of Lajpore jail after nine months
- Op Sankat Mochan: First flight carrying evacuated Indians from South Sudan reaches Kerala
- Behind Nice attack, a Caliphate in retreat
- Infosys Q1 net profit up 13 percent, but misses estimates; shares slide
- Arunachal CM Tuki wants 'reasonable' time, says Gov decision for floor test by Saturday 'hasty'
Trust the good old green leafies to come to the rescue. For millions of diabetics, hope comes in the form of fenugreek (methi) seeds. Scientists at the Pune-based National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) have prepared a novel formulation from extracts of fenugreek seeds that helps bring down the blood glucose level in the body and hence proves to be a boon for diabetic patients.
Scientists realized that to manage a chronic disease such as diabetes, it was pertinent to test the sustained lowering of blood glucose levels for a long period of time. Their research demonstrated the anti-diabetic potential of the formulation that remained effective for a longer period of time.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance