Methi seeds help bring down blood glucose level
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Trust the good old green leafies to come to the rescue. For millions of diabetics, hope comes in the form of fenugreek (methi) seeds. Scientists at the Pune-based National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) have prepared a novel formulation from extracts of fenugreek seeds that helps bring down the blood glucose level in the body and hence proves to be a boon for diabetic patients.
Scientists realized that to manage a chronic disease such as diabetes, it was pertinent to test the sustained lowering of blood glucose levels for a long period of time. Their research demonstrated the anti-diabetic potential of the formulation that remained effective for a longer period of time.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.