Metro driver stops train in time, saves man on tracks
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 37-year-old man allegedly attempted suicide by jumping on Metro tracks as a train approached the platform at Ramakrishna Ashram Marg station on Sunday evening. Asif had a narrow escape as the train driver applied emergency brakes in time and the alert station staff pulled him out from underneath the frame. Police said the man sustained only minor abrasions. Police are checking CCTV footage to establish whether it was a suicide attempt or an accident.
Woman, son injured in roof cave-in
New Delhi: A 23-year-old woman and her two-year-old son were injured when the roof of a multi-storey, under-construction building caved in on Sunday in Shastri Park, Northeast Delhi. Shahnaz, the wife of building's owner, had gone to check the building with her son Faiz. "They were on the balcony of the fifth floor, which was being constructed illegally. The ceiling caved in and they fell on the ground floor," a senior police officer said. Police said the condition of the two is critical.
MCD official gets 3 years in jail in graft case
New Delhi: An MCD junior engineer has been sentenced to three years in jail by a city court for accepting bribe to clear an alleged illegal construction in 2005. While awarding jail term to MCD official Y S Chauhan, Special Judge Pradeep Chaddah also imposed a fine of Rs 2 lakh on him for taking Rs 20,000 as bribe from complainant Mangat Ram Khatri.
Chandni Chowk market goes online
New Delhi: Over 2,500 businesses in the Chandni Chowk market are now online with their own websites as part of an initiative by Google. As part of its 'India Get Your Business Online' initiative launched in November 2011, Google offers free websites and domains to small and medium businesses. As part of the project, Google India and HostGator went to each shop in Chandni Chowk and built over 2,500 free websites for businesses operating from the market.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™