Metro fares to range from Rs 14 to Rs 41
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
The deadline for Ludhiana Metro has been fixed for 2018-19 and fares have also been fixed, according to a detailed project report (DPR) prepared by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
When the metro is completed, the journey from Aggar Nagar to the railway station will cost only Rs 25 as compared to a minimum Rs 70-100 charged by a special autorickshaw. Travelling from Punjab Agricultural University to Railway station will too cost only Rs 21.
As per the DPR, a minimum fare of Rs 14 will be applicable on travelling 0-2 kms while the maximum will be Rs 41 for more than 27 km.
The total length of the two metro corridors proposed in the city is around 29 km with east-west corridor from Ayali-chowk to BBMB power house of 15.7 km and north-south corridor from Gill Chowk to Rahon Road Octroi of 13.62 km. "Final DPR has been submitted to the Central government. We are soon expecting the details and feedback from the Centre," said MC Commissioner R K Verma.
As per the DPR, stations are as follows:
Ayali Chowk, Rajguru Nagar, Agar Nagar, BRS Nagar, PAU, Arti Chowk, Bharat Nagar Chowk, Gurunanak Stadium, Gurdwara Shri Dukhnivaran Sahib, Shingar Theatre, Shivaji Nagar, Samrala Chowk, Vardman Chowk, Jamalpur, BBMB Power House
Gill village, GNDEC college, Shimlapuri, ATI chowk, Kartar Singh Market, Gill Chowk, Bus stand, Gurunanak Stadium, Railway Station, Daresi Ground, Gurunanak Nagar, Basti Jodhewal, Rahon Octroi post.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit