Metro in pipeline for Lucknow, Kanpur
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will soon begin a preliminary survey for the construction of Metro rail project in Lucknow and Kanpur. The state housing department will soon make a request to the DMRC to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) for both cities. A DMRC team met Chief Secretary Atul Gupta on Friday and discussed the feasibility of the project. The team indicated that it will need at least six months time to prepare the DPR. The team expressed confidence that the work on the metro project can commence within the next 12 to 18 months.