Metro in pipeline for Lucknow, Kanpur
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will soon begin a preliminary survey for the construction of Metro rail project in Lucknow and Kanpur. The state housing department will soon make a request to the DMRC to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) for both cities. A DMRC team met Chief Secretary Atul Gupta on Friday and discussed the feasibility of the project. The team indicated that it will need at least six months time to prepare the DPR. The team expressed confidence that the work on the metro project can commence within the next 12 to 18 months.