Metro in pipeline for Lucknow, Kanpur
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will soon begin a preliminary survey for the construction of Metro rail project in Lucknow and Kanpur. The state housing department will soon make a request to the DMRC to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) for both cities. A DMRC team met Chief Secretary Atul Gupta on Friday and discussed the feasibility of the project. The team indicated that it will need at least six months time to prepare the DPR. The team expressed confidence that the work on the metro project can commence within the next 12 to 18 months.