Metro in pipeline for Lucknow, Kanpur
- Positions hardening, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- After Fali, former SC judge K T Thomas questions Lokpal selection
- Paswan calls him vikas purush as Modi sells âNational Development Allianceâ
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will soon begin a preliminary survey for the construction of Metro rail project in Lucknow and Kanpur. The state housing department will soon make a request to the DMRC to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) for both cities. A DMRC team met Chief Secretary Atul Gupta on Friday and discussed the feasibility of the project. The team indicated that it will need at least six months time to prepare the DPR. The team expressed confidence that the work on the metro project can commence within the next 12 to 18 months.