Metro in pipeline for Lucknow, Kanpur
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will soon begin a preliminary survey for the construction of Metro rail project in Lucknow and Kanpur. The state housing department will soon make a request to the DMRC to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) for both cities. A DMRC team met Chief Secretary Atul Gupta on Friday and discussed the feasibility of the project. The team indicated that it will need at least six months time to prepare the DPR. The team expressed confidence that the work on the metro project can commence within the next 12 to 18 months.