Mexico City destroys toy guns to fight crime
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
Mexico City authorities say they have destroyed thousands of toy guns in an effort to fight real crimes committed with fake weapons.
Mayor Miguel Angel Mancera said Friday that officials believe that at least three of every 10 violent crimes in Mexico City is committed with a realistic toy gun.
The guns were confiscated from shops in Mexico City and the surrounding state of Mexico. Mexico bans virtually all civilian gun ownership and requires that toy weapons be made of transparent or brightly colored plastic.
Sunday is Three Kings Day, when Mexican children receive the largest number of holiday gifts.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say