Mexico Yahoo plaintiffs open to settlement
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
against Worldwide Directories, seeking damages relating to advertising rights and other alleged infringements.
Any appeal by Yahoo is expected to be heard by a panel of three judges in a superior court in Mexico City.
An official at the district court in Mexico City said Yahoo had until about Jan. 11 to appeal.
Bazan-Canabal, who operates a host of websites, said he joined Yahoo in 1999 and later helped to launch Yahoo de Mexico.
A Yahoo spokeswoman confirmed he worked for Yahoo de Mexico, but declined to comment further.
Yahoo's most recent 10Q filing, which lists major ongoing legal proceedings, makes no mention of the lawsuit.
Shares of Yahoo fell 0.2 percent to close at $18.89 on Nasdaq.