MHA clears name of Upadhyay for IG
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Monday cleared the name of IPS officer Rajinder Pal Upadhyay who will take charge as Inspector General of Chandigarh Police. He is currently on central deputation serving as an Additional Director of Directorate of Enforcement (ED). The 1991-batch IPS officer, Upadhyay belongs to the AGMU cadre. The MHA has cleared his name and the notification for the same will be issued within two to three days.
After DGP P K Srivastava retired on November 30, there was speculation about the name of the new IG of the UT police. Since then, Deputy Inspector General Alok Kumar has been handling the charge of the IG.