MHA clears name of Upadhyay for IG
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Monday cleared the name of IPS officer Rajinder Pal Upadhyay who will take charge as Inspector General of Chandigarh Police. He is currently on central deputation serving as an Additional Director of Directorate of Enforcement (ED). The 1991-batch IPS officer, Upadhyay belongs to the AGMU cadre. The MHA has cleared his name and the notification for the same will be issued within two to three days.
After DGP P K Srivastava retired on November 30, there was speculation about the name of the new IG of the UT police. Since then, Deputy Inspector General Alok Kumar has been handling the charge of the IG.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express