MHA clears name of Upadhyay for IG
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Monday cleared the name of IPS officer Rajinder Pal Upadhyay who will take charge as Inspector General of Chandigarh Police. He is currently on central deputation serving as an Additional Director of Directorate of Enforcement (ED). The 1991-batch IPS officer, Upadhyay belongs to the AGMU cadre. The MHA has cleared his name and the notification for the same will be issued within two to three days.
After DGP P K Srivastava retired on November 30, there was speculation about the name of the new IG of the UT police. Since then, Deputy Inspector General Alok Kumar has been handling the charge of the IG.