MHA clears name of Upadhyay for IG
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Monday cleared the name of IPS officer Rajinder Pal Upadhyay who will take charge as Inspector General of Chandigarh Police. He is currently on central deputation serving as an Additional Director of Directorate of Enforcement (ED). The 1991-batch IPS officer, Upadhyay belongs to the AGMU cadre. The MHA has cleared his name and the notification for the same will be issued within two to three days.
After DGP P K Srivastava retired on November 30, there was speculation about the name of the new IG of the UT police. Since then, Deputy Inspector General Alok Kumar has been handling the charge of the IG.