MHA joint secy meets UT officials
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Chandigarh:A meeting of the UT Administration officials was held on Friday with the Joint Secretary of MHA, N S Kalsi, on the pending issues pertaining to the UT police. In the meeting, which was attended by senior police officials, pending issues such as police modernisation, Burail Jail modernisation and CCTNS system were discussed.
Charges framed against Raka Ghirra
Chandigarh:A special CBI court today framed charges against the suspended Punjab Police DSP Raka Ghirra who is accused of demanding a bribe of one lakh on July 24, 2011. Also, the application of discharge moved by the accused on November 1 was dismissed by the court.