MHADA to offer housing options in Virar, Vengurla
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Next year, home seekers will have the option of over 2,400 affordable houses in Virar and another 170 in the coastal town of Vengurla in Sindhudurg district. These will be released under a lottery by the Konkan board of Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA).
The lottery will be held on May 31, 2013. Of the houses available in Virar, 1,824 will be for low-income group (LIG) families and 630 for families from the middle-income group (MIG). The houses are being built in 22-storeyed buildings.
"We haven't taken a final call on whether to release the houses in Virar in this lottery yet, but they are likely to come up this time as the construction will be completed much before the 2014 lottery," said Bhausaheb Dangade, chief officer of MHADA's Konkan board.
The housing board had commenced the construction of the housing stock at Virar in January. The houses are expected to be ready in March 2014. Though MHADA is yet to finalise the size of the houses in Virar, they are likely to be about 320 sq ft for LIG category and 450-550 sq ft for MIG.
In Vengurla, MHADA will offer 56 houses for LIG category, 80 for MIG, 14 for the high-income group and 20 shops. The houses will be available in three or four-storeyed buildings. MHADA is yet to fix the rate at which these houses will be sold. The construction started in February. The period of construction is 18 months.
MHADA is in the final stages of deciding the list of winners for the 1,675 houses at Mira Road that it released in the annual lottery held in May. The board has scrutinised the list of applicants and published a list of those eligible to purchase these affordable houses.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar