Michael Feinstein to perform at Governors Ball
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Two-time Emmy and five-time Grammy Award-nominated singer Michael Feinstein will perform at the Academy's official post-Oscar celebration, the Governors Ball.
Feinstein's 200-plus shows a year have included performances at Carnegie Hall, Sydney Opera House and the Hollywood Bowl as well as the White House and Buckingham Palace.
Feinstein has received national recognition for his commitment to celebrating America's popular song and preserving its legacy for the next generation.
In 2007, he founded the Michael Feinstein Great American Songbook Initiative, dedicated to celebrating the art form and preserving it through educational programs, Master Classes, and the annual High School Vocal Academy and Competition.
The 56-year-old will perform for the Ball's 1,500 guests, which will include Oscar winners and nominees, show presenters and performers, and other luminaries.