Michael Jackson estate gave $55,000 to pay off 'Thriller' girl
- Chhattisgarh: Amit Jogi versus Bhupesh Baghel is now tape versus tape
- Of Rs 71,000-cr in Mudra loans, government credit Rs 2,000 cr
- Bijnor: Woman brutally beats up mother-in-law, caught on CCTV
- 30 dead judges on longlist: How Akhilesh Yadav tried to handpick Lokayukta until SC cracked down
- Seeking transfer to Centre, DDCA probe chief alleges pressure
Ola Ray, who starred in Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' music video, reportedly paid USD 55,000 to call a truce in her war with the MJ estate.
Ray had originally filed the lawsuit against Jackson and his production company in May 2009 - a month before the King of Pop passed away - claiming breach of contract, reported TMZ Online.
Ray said she was still owed a massive chunk of the 'Thriller' profits, nearly 30 years after it was released.
But she finally settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year.
The director of the music video John Landis - who filed a similar lawsuit against the estate - has also settled but he wanted in excess of USD 2 million and is said to have got more than Ray.
- Is bankruptcy code the first of a new trend?
- Perceptions that the Modi government has moved Westwards are misplaced
- Akhand Bharat is a mainstay of Hindu nationalism
- Raja-Mandala: Silence is golden
- Why Hindutva must not be allowed to define Hinduism
- At Pathankot, lessons unlearnt from 26/11, and mistakes repeated