Michael Jackson estate gave $55,000 to pay off 'Thriller' girl
- Putin calls Turkey's downing of Russian jet 'stab in the back'
- Today, world looks towards India with great faith: PM in Singapore
- Aamir Khan at RNG awards: Here is the complete conversation
- Bomb attack on Tunisia presidential guard bus kills 11
- BJP MLA suspended from Delhi Assembly for abusing AAP legislator Alka Lamba
Ola Ray, who starred in Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' music video, reportedly paid USD 55,000 to call a truce in her war with the MJ estate.
Ray had originally filed the lawsuit against Jackson and his production company in May 2009 - a month before the King of Pop passed away - claiming breach of contract, reported TMZ Online.
Ray said she was still owed a massive chunk of the 'Thriller' profits, nearly 30 years after it was released.
But she finally settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year.
The director of the music video John Landis - who filed a similar lawsuit against the estate - has also settled but he wanted in excess of USD 2 million and is said to have got more than Ray.
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it
- For many Bangladeshis, they hint at closure for 1971
- The big question: Proper returns to farmers
- Delhi HC versus DDCA
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy