Michael Jackson estate gave $55,000 to pay off 'Thriller' girl
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
Ola Ray, who starred in Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' music video, reportedly paid USD 55,000 to call a truce in her war with the MJ estate.
Ray had originally filed the lawsuit against Jackson and his production company in May 2009 - a month before the King of Pop passed away - claiming breach of contract, reported TMZ Online.
Ray said she was still owed a massive chunk of the 'Thriller' profits, nearly 30 years after it was released.
But she finally settled her lawsuit with the estate earlier this year.
The director of the music video John Landis - who filed a similar lawsuit against the estate - has also settled but he wanted in excess of USD 2 million and is said to have got more than Ray.