Michael Schumacher’s ‘signature’ in 2013 Mercedes
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Michael Schumacher may not be racing in Formula 1 next year but a car that he has helped develop certainly will be.
The seven-time world champion announced last month that he would be retiring from F1 at the end of the current season, and although he hasn't decided what he would do next, his mark will live on for at least another year.
"You imagine that next year's car has started to be basically made this year," Schumacher told F1Pulse.com. "My role is certainly in it and so is a part of my signature, as it has been in the last two years' car.
"It was not in the first year's car in 2010 - you were given what was there - but after that we certainly developed as a team to get closer to what we want to have," the 43-year-old pointed out.
For next season, Mercedes has retained Nico Rosberg, with the 27-year-old to team up with 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton, who will be leaving McLaren at the end of the current season.
"It'll be interesting to see 2013 and the car," remarked Schumacher.
By Ubaid Parkar, F1Pulse.com