Micromax launches 5-inch phablet Canvas HD
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Micromax launched a phablet in its Canvas series. The new device is called Canvas HD (A116). This is the company's first phone with a quad-core processor and it runs Android Jelly Bean. The price will be under Rs 15,000 and it will be available in February 2013.
The phone has a 5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1280x720 pixels. The phone comes with a 2,100 mAh battery. MediaTek, the company which makes the phone's processor, says this phone runs cooler and consumes lesser power than most competitors. This means that the battery life may not be a disappointment.
The phone has an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 4X zoom and autofocus. The internal memory is 4GB and it can be expanded by 32GB, using a microSD card.