MIDC gets back unused 100 acres from investors
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- On false cases, donât discriminate between Muslims and others: Purohit writes to Shinde
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Pakistani prisoner found hanging in Jammu jail
Grappling with shortage of land, MIDC says it will be able to fulfill other investors' demand for space
In the past one year, investors have returned 45.55 hectares (111 acres) of land in Pune district to the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) as it remained unused. The MIDC has been facing shortage of land to cater to increasing demand from investors.
Even as the process of taking more land is under way, the MIDC has got back 346 plots ó mainly from Baramati, Talegaon and Ranjangaon areas.
With the state keen to promote small scale industries, the MIDC is all set to take back about 600 plots from various parts of the district which were lying unused. "We have a huge list of investors lined up for Pune and many other parts of the state. Shortage of land has always been an issue. These unused plots can help us provide space for new investments," said senior officials from the State Industry Department.
According to regional officer MIDC, Pune, Nilesh Gatne, they have got back 100 acres and they were trying to get back the remaining as well. As the MIDC is taking back land from the entire state, the maximum number of plots being returned are from Pune district, officials said.
Officials said the MIDC is taking back the land after giving the investors a refund. "They get the refund with a 5 per cent cut," officials said. Pune falls in the category where investors are given four years to develop the industrial plot. "After conducting a survey, we found that there are many plots which have been lying vacant for more than 10-15 years. We served notices and are awaiting reply to take back the land as it would help other investors who are keen to start their projects immediately," MIDC officials said.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Singhal: Hindus should have at least 5 children
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express