Middlemen responsible for high onion price: Salman Khurshid
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Union Minister Salman Khurshid has held middlemen responsible for the high cost of onions and said state governments should sternly deal with the issue.
"Middlemen are responsible for the high rates of onion and other essential commodities," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
State governments should sternly deal with them, he said. The Minister said the land acquisition bill and the food security bill would be Congress' main planks for the general elections scheduled next year. Khurshid was here to discuss problems being faced by Congress workers in the district.