Middlemen responsible for high onion price: Salman Khurshid
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress fields Ajay Rai against Modi in Varanasi; Arvind Kejriwal slapped, BJP calls it a drama
- Amit Shah will destroy secular fabric of UP: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
Union Minister Salman Khurshid has held middlemen responsible for the high cost of onions and said state governments should sternly deal with the issue.
"Middlemen are responsible for the high rates of onion and other essential commodities," Khurshid told reporters here yesterday.
State governments should sternly deal with them, he said. The Minister said the land acquisition bill and the food security bill would be Congress' main planks for the general elections scheduled next year. Khurshid was here to discuss problems being faced by Congress workers in the district.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city