Midnight’s Children to release on Feb 1
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
After much speculation, Deepa Mehta's Midnight's Children is set to hit the Indian screens. The film will be released by PVR Pictures on February 1. In a statement, Kamal Gianchandani said, "Distributing Midnight's Children is a big honour. Deepa is an exceptionally brave film-maker and Midnight's Children is a very special gem from her. We are absolutely delighted to announce 1st February 2013 as the India release date."
Based on Booker Prize winning novel by Salman Rushdie, this film stars Shabana Azmi, Anupam Kher, Satya Bhabha, Shahana Goswami, Rajat Kapoor, Seema Biswas, Shriya Saran, Siddharth, Ronit Roy, Rahul Bose, Darsheel Safary, Soha Ali Khan and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
On the road to recovery
Manisha Koirala who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer was undergoing treatment in the US. After a successful surgery, the actor was discharged from the hospital, the Manhattan based Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Post surgery she will stay in the US for a couple of months. Her mother Sushma (to her right) and a relative are with her.
Second property of Inox cinemas in Pune
Recently, Inox cinemas opened its second property in Pune at Amanora Town Centre with eight screens,1865 seats and the signature lounge Insignia. The screens are equipped with 2K projection systems. With this launch, Inox along with Fame is now present in 35 cities with 69 properties, 268 screens and a total seating capacity of 74272 across India.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress