'Midnight's Children' to release in India on Feb 1
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Deepa Mehta's upcoming film 'Midnight's Children', an adaptation of the Booker Prize winning novel by Salman Rushdie, is all set to release in India on February 1.
The film, which had its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this year, revolves around Saleem Sinai, who is born on the night India gains independence. Sinai's life is mysteriously linked to India's whirlwind journey of triumphs and disasters. He is also linked to all the children born on that night.
The movie stars Satya Bhabha, Shahana Goswami, Rajat Kapoor, Seema Biswas, Shriya Saran, Siddharth, Ronit Roy, Rahul Bose, Anupam Kher, Darsheel Safary, Soha Ali Khan, Shabana Azmi and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
"Distributing Midnight's Children is a big honour. Deepa is an exceptionally brave filmmaker and Midnight's Children is a very special gem from her. We are absolutely delighted to announce February 1, 2013 as the India release date," PVR's Kamal Gianchandani said in a statement.