'Midnight's Children' to release in India on Feb 1
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Deepa Mehta's upcoming film 'Midnight's Children', an adaptation of the Booker Prize winning novel by Salman Rushdie, is all set to release in India on February 1.
The film, which had its premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this year, revolves around Saleem Sinai, who is born on the night India gains independence. Sinai's life is mysteriously linked to India's whirlwind journey of triumphs and disasters. He is also linked to all the children born on that night.
The movie stars Satya Bhabha, Shahana Goswami, Rajat Kapoor, Seema Biswas, Shriya Saran, Siddharth, Ronit Roy, Rahul Bose, Anupam Kher, Darsheel Safary, Soha Ali Khan, Shabana Azmi and Kulbhushan Kharbanda.
"Distributing Midnight's Children is a big honour. Deepa is an exceptionally brave filmmaker and Midnight's Children is a very special gem from her. We are absolutely delighted to announce February 1, 2013 as the India release date," PVR's Kamal Gianchandani said in a statement.
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style