- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
To bring a midweek comic relief to the hustle and bustle of urban worries and woes, Kunal Rao (in the picture) will be performing at Cocoparra on December 5, 8 pm onwards. In his own words, he is "the 87 millionth most intelligent comedian in the world". With his brand new comedy act titled "Holy Krao", he claims to have people falling off their seats with uncontrollable bouts of laughter. The effortlessly funny ex-chartered accountant has performed over 200 shows in 12 cities and is a regular at the Comedy Store in Mumbai.
After the success of Deool and Bharatiya, producer
Abhijeet Gholap released his latest production Hou De Jarasa Usheer in California last month, after it was confirmed that the film has been sent to compete for the Oscars 2013. By far, this is the only Marathi film to be nominated in the Best Film category. Earlier, films like Shwaas and Harschandrachi Factory had been nominated in the Foreign Film category at Oscars. Academy of Motion Pictures has conveyed their interest to acquire the screenplay of this movie for preserving it in their research library. "We always look for original and enticing subjects. This storage will be for the Permanent Core collection. The scripts in our collection are made accessible for research purposes only; students, filmmakers, writers and actors are among our regular patrons. As a research library, we do not allow materials to circulate; they may only be studied inside the reading room. Also, we forbid any photocopying of screenplays," says Gregory Walsh, librarian at Academy of Motion Pictures, California. Hou De Jarasa Usheer will release in Maharashtra on January 18 next year. The star cast features industry veteran Sadashiv Amrapurkar in a central role along with Sharvari Jamenis, Aditi Sharangdhar, Chinmay Mandalekar and Aishvarya Narkar. The film will also mark the debut of Abhyang Kuwalekar and Raj Ranavare. The film has seven songs composed by Nakul and includes a rap song as well.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue
- GST is reform long delayed, but there may be good reason not to hurry it through now
- Gau rakshak vs Make in India
- Pope Francis’ message is one that India and Pakistan must hear
- Dengue & chikungunya can be tackled via swift surveillance, sustained controls
- TV channels tossed violent suggestions as casually as a peanut in the mouth