Mike Pandey to work with Amitabh Bachchan, John Abraham
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Renowned documentary filmmaker Mike Pandey has roped in superstar Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham for his upcoming feature film "Return of The Tiger".
The 90-minute feature film is based on the extinction of tiger and draws a link between human and tigers.
"I am happy that two Bollywood names are attached to my film because they have wider reach to the audience and that is what we need. What is more encouraging to see is that they offered to be a part of it. Bollywood now understands the importance of such documentaries and is ready to work on such social causes," Pandey said.
He has already begun shooting the film and he hopes that the culture of documentary is revived in the country.
"We understand that commercial movies are in demand but what we are asking for is a 10 minute slot before featuring films on screens. There is a demand for documentaries amongst audience just that we don't have a platform to promote them.
We are asking Govt to help us and provide us a slot on Doordarshan," he added.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies