Mike Pandey to work with Amitabh Bachchan, John Abraham
- Infosys employee murder: Police release high-resolution image of suspect
- PM Modi to meet his ministers today ahead of likely cabinet reshuffle
- India test-fires new surface-to-air missile from defence base in Odisha
- TKA Nair kin part of firm being probed by Income Tax department
- Hafiz Saeed’s No. 2 refers to ‘lions’ who ambushed CRPF bus in Pampore
Renowned documentary filmmaker Mike Pandey has roped in superstar Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham for his upcoming feature film "Return of The Tiger".
The 90-minute feature film is based on the extinction of tiger and draws a link between human and tigers.
"I am happy that two Bollywood names are attached to my film because they have wider reach to the audience and that is what we need. What is more encouraging to see is that they offered to be a part of it. Bollywood now understands the importance of such documentaries and is ready to work on such social causes," Pandey said.
He has already begun shooting the film and he hopes that the culture of documentary is revived in the country.
"We understand that commercial movies are in demand but what we are asking for is a 10 minute slot before featuring films on screens. There is a demand for documentaries amongst audience just that we don't have a platform to promote them.
We are asking Govt to help us and provide us a slot on Doordarshan," he added.
- To attract best human capital PSUs need to be independent holding company
- The Good Leader: Roots of the personality cult are long and deep
- New Delhi cannot continue to behave as it did from 2004 to 2014
- Telescope: Two interviews
- From kidnapping to communal riots, there is a common link that drives criminals
- India’s NSG bid shows machismo more than maturity