Milan subway overbridge likely to open May-end
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Though MMRDA is likely to complete work on the 700-metre Milan subway rail over-bridge in the next two months, it will not open to traffic until May-end or June as resolving traffic dispersal issues will take time.
MMRDA will have to wait for the road at the end of the ramp to be widened for smooth traffic dispersal. BMC will be in-charge of widening the road.
"We have had several rounds of discussions with BMC. It will have to shift a few marble shops near the ramps to widen the road. They have shifted a few and have started discussions to move the rest," said Ashwini Bhide, additional metropolitan commissioner at the MMRDA.
The construction of this flyover had started about five years ago and the project has missed several deadlines. The cost has swelled to Rs 84 crore from the original Rs 49 crore.
The rail over-bridge will bring relief to commuters who have to cross the Milan subway, a chronic flooding spot during monsoon. The heavily congested Milan subway connects SV Road and Western Express Highway. The under-construction flyover will relieve the congestion as vehicles from SV Road going in the direction of the Western Express Highway can take the over-bridge, while those going in the opposite direction can use the existing road below.
MMRDA is now focusing on completing the steel bridge that will take the flyover above the railway tracks between Vile Parle and Santacruz. It had earlier expected this activity to be completed in January.
"We have completed launching segments on one side of the steel bridge. However, Western Railway has now asked for additional temporary supports before we launch the rest of the segments. One of the segments had slipped a bit by a few milimetres," Bhide said, adding work on the steel bridge will conclude by February 15.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid