Militants gun down six people in Pakistan
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Six labourers were gunned down by terrorists in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan, according to media reports today. The men were shot dead in Shadi Kaur area of Gwadar district yesterday.
They were identified by officials as residents of Zhob
district.The workers were attacked in the early hours yesterday at a place about 25 km from Pasni town on the coastal highway linking Gwadar and Karachi.
The men were working on the highway when four gunmen on motorcycles lined them up, checked their identity and opened fire.
"A 12-year-old boy, who was spared by the gunmen, gave details of the incident to law enforcement personnel," Naeem Gichki, Assistant Commissioner of Pasni, told Pakistani newspaper Dawn.
The daily reported that there was no security for labourers working on highways and roads across the province though several such incidents have occurred in recent years. Gwadar district police officials said security forces were looking for the killers but no arrest had been made so far.