Milkha, Cong MLA, former Army officer booked for golf brawl
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Legendary athlete Milkha Singh, a Punjab Congress MLA and a former Army officer have been booked by the police here in connection with a brawl between two groups at the Chandigarh Golf Club.
Milkha, MLA Randeep Nabha, and retired Lt Col Vijay Singh Sandhu were booked in cross cases under various sections of the IPC, including causing hurt and intimidation, for the brawl which occurred on Saturday, the police said.
Octogenarian Milkha, popularly known as 'Flying Sikh', said he did not know why his name figured in the case as he was trying to intervene and sort out things while Nabha has blamed Sandhu for the trouble.
Narrating the sequence of events that unfolded on Saturday, Milkha said, "Col Sandhu had asked Randeep for a pass to move ahead when the four of us were playing. Randeep and I told him that let us complete and then he may move ahead. He removed our tee, placed his and took a shot."
"Randeep then placed back his tee and told the Colonel to get aside as he may get hurt. However, Sandhu pushed him, hit him with a golf club and told him 'take a shot and I will see'. This resulted in a scuffle," Milkha told PTI on Monday.