Milkha, Cong MLA, former Army officer booked for golf brawl
- Ranji Trophy cricketer approaches RR player, offers money to fix matches
- PM Modi begins visit to France, eye on multi-billion dollar Rafale deal
- Hillary Clinton expected to announce presidential candidacy this weekend
- Tirupati killings [VIDEO]: Man who escaped says will reveal all to court
- Greenpeace foreign funds blocked, govt cites ‘talks with AAP’ as a reason
Legendary athlete Milkha Singh, a Punjab Congress MLA and a former Army officer have been booked by the police here in connection with a brawl between two groups at the Chandigarh Golf Club.
Milkha, MLA Randeep Nabha, and retired Lt Col Vijay Singh Sandhu were booked in cross cases under various sections of the IPC, including causing hurt and intimidation, for the brawl which occurred on Saturday, the police said.
Octogenarian Milkha, popularly known as 'Flying Sikh', said he did not know why his name figured in the case as he was trying to intervene and sort out things while Nabha has blamed Sandhu for the trouble.
Narrating the sequence of events that unfolded on Saturday, Milkha said, "Col Sandhu had asked Randeep for a pass to move ahead when the four of us were playing. Randeep and I told him that let us complete and then he may move ahead. He removed our tee, placed his and took a shot."
"Randeep then placed back his tee and told the Colonel to get aside as he may get hurt. However, Sandhu pushed him, hit him with a golf club and told him 'take a shot and I will see'. This resulted in a scuffle," Milkha told PTI on Monday.