Milkha Singh, Cong MLA, ex-army man get into scuffle at golf club, two land in hospital
- Rahul Gandhi 'happy' with Varun Gandhi's 'good work' praise; BJP leader clarifies it's no endorsement for Cong
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP may emerge leader, but fall short of magic figure, says Sharad Pawar
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Snooping row: HC rejects Pradeep Sharma's plea to file FIR against Narendra Modi
- Sonia's assets worth over Rs.9 crore, has given a loan of Rs. 9 lakh to Rahul
Teeing off at the Chandigarh Golf Club Saturday did not end pleasantly for a sitting Congress MLA, an internationally renowned athlete, a senior bureaucrat and a former army personnel among others. A scuffle on the greens landed two of them in the hospital.
The incident occurred Saturday when Randeep Singh Nabha, sitting Congress MLA from Nabha along with renowned athlete Milkha Singh and former Chief Secretary of Punjab R S Mann were playing golf. Around the same time Colonel Vijay Sandhu (Retd) along with Ajay Kumar and Harmandeep Singh were also present.
The two groups had an argument at the 11th hole and then later at the 15th hole over moving ahead. Following this a verbal argument occurred that led to a scuffle. Col Sandhu was hit near his right eye with a golf club. He was taken to the Government Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector 16 where he was treated and his medical examination was conducted. He was later discharged. Later Nabha's medical examination was also conducted.
DSP Vijay Kumar said, "We have recorded the statement of both the parties. Based on their statements and the medical report of the two when these are received by us, further action in the case would be taken."
With complaints received from both the sides, cases have been registered against both the parties. A case under Section 323, 506 and 34 of IPC has been registered against Randeep Singh, Milkha Singh, Mann for causing hurt and threatening. While case under Section 323 and 506 has been registered against Col Sandhu, Ajay Kumar and Harmandeep Singh.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies