Milkha Singh, Congress MLA booked for brawl at Chandigarh Golf Club
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
Legendary athlete Milkha Singh, a Punjab Congress MLA and a former Army officer have been booked by the police here in connection with a brawl between two groups at the Chandigarh Golf Club.
Milkha, MLA Randeep Nabha, and retired Lt Col Vijay Singh Sandhu were booked in cross cases under various sections of the IPC, including causing hurt and intimidation, for the brawl which occurred on Saturday, police said.
Octogenarian Milkha, popularly known as 'Flying Sikh', said he did not know why his name figured in the case as he was trying to intervene and sort out things while Nabha has blamed Sandhu for the trouble.
Narrating the sequence of events that unfolded on Saturday, Milkha said, "Col Sandhu had asked Randeep for a pass to move ahead when the four of us were playing. Randeepand I told him that let us complete and then he may move ahead. He removed our tee, placed his and took a shot.
"Randeep then placed back his tee and told the Colonel to get aside as he may get hurt. However, Sandhu pushed him, hit him with a golf club and told him that take a shot and I will see. This resulted in a scuffle," Milkha told PTI today.
He said former Punjab Chief Secretary R S Mann, along with former captain of the golf course S S Laihal, were alsoplaying in his group while Sandhu was playing with two more persons in another group when the incident occurred.
In the scuffle, Sandhu got hit near his eye and Nabha received injuries. Both were hospitalised and their medicalexamination was conducted after police arrived on the scene.Two separate cases had been registered in Sector 26 police station. In one case, Sandhu has alleged that Nabha andMilkha had beaten and threatened him at the Club on Saturday.
- ‘Job target now hinges on manufacturing’
- Murder of Sahu siblings: Court says convict to be in jail for ‘the rest of his life’
- Inauguration drama: Amid BJP’s boos and barbs, mayor stars in second act
- Police’s grievance cell flooded with complaints from cops, 15 in past year
- NDA lodges FIR after cadet goes missing, he returns to tell cops he missed family
- Allow us to install gates at Narmada dam, you take credit: Modi to Centre