Minister Bikram Singh Majithia expletives expunged after they make debut on YouTube
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Expletives that neither Punjab Deputy CM Sukhbir Badal, nor Speaker Charanjit Atwal seemed to have heard has gone viral on social media site YouTube. The video grab shows Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia hurling expletive and posturing aggressively. Speaker Atwal, when told about the video by mediapersons, said he could not hear the abuse amid the din.
The speaker on Thursday ordered to expunge the abusive words from the Assembly records, that was telecast live on two channels on Wednesday — a channel owned by the ruling family and Youtube.
A day after abuses were hurled in the Punjab Assembly and treasury benches moved resolution suspending a Congress MLA, the government went on the backfoot. With the opposition boycotting the House session, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal on Thursday mooted a resolution soon after the house assembled to revoke the decision taken on Wednesday.
"I request the speaker to reinstate Congress MLA Rana Gurjit Singh in the interest of democracy. We had agreed to a debate on law and order. But they (opposition) disrupted the house. While it was adjourned, we asked Opposition Leader Sunil Jakhar and his MLAs to come to the speaker's chamber. If they had come, the resolution of suspension would not have happened. I appeal to the Parliamentary Affairs minister to propose a resolution to reinstate Rana," the deputy CM said. But, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Madan Mohan Mittal had said a meeting of the members of both opposition and ruling alliance should be held at the speaker's chamber, following which the house was adjourned for half an hour.
Earlier, Congress MLAs who had announced to gherao Speaker Charanjit Atwal on Thursday were not allowed to proceed towards his room. They were stopped by house marshals, but the situation flared up after one of the marshals allegedly misbehaved with woman MLA Aruna Chaudhary and MLA Charanjit Bajwa. The MLAs then went to the lobby shouting slogans against the speaker and the deputy CM.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express