Minister Bikram Singh Majithia expletives expunged after they make debut on YouTube
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Expletives that neither Punjab Deputy CM Sukhbir Badal, nor Speaker Charanjit Atwal seemed to have heard has gone viral on social media site YouTube. The video grab shows Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia hurling expletive and posturing aggressively. Speaker Atwal, when told about the video by mediapersons, said he could not hear the abuse amid the din.
The speaker on Thursday ordered to expunge the abusive words from the Assembly records, that was telecast live on two channels on Wednesday — a channel owned by the ruling family and Youtube.
A day after abuses were hurled in the Punjab Assembly and treasury benches moved resolution suspending a Congress MLA, the government went on the backfoot. With the opposition boycotting the House session, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal on Thursday mooted a resolution soon after the house assembled to revoke the decision taken on Wednesday.
"I request the speaker to reinstate Congress MLA Rana Gurjit Singh in the interest of democracy. We had agreed to a debate on law and order. But they (opposition) disrupted the house. While it was adjourned, we asked Opposition Leader Sunil Jakhar and his MLAs to come to the speaker's chamber. If they had come, the resolution of suspension would not have happened. I appeal to the Parliamentary Affairs minister to propose a resolution to reinstate Rana," the deputy CM said. But, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Madan Mohan Mittal had said a meeting of the members of both opposition and ruling alliance should be held at the speaker's chamber, following which the house was adjourned for half an hour.
Earlier, Congress MLAs who had announced to gherao Speaker Charanjit Atwal on Thursday were not allowed to proceed towards his room. They were stopped by house marshals, but the situation flared up after one of the marshals allegedly misbehaved with woman MLA Aruna Chaudhary and MLA Charanjit Bajwa. The MLAs then went to the lobby shouting slogans against the speaker and the deputy CM.
- First of many: Sudipta Sen gets 3 yrs in jail in PF case
- Water supply board, IBM to build ‘IT command centre’
- Ban on SC students protesting lifted by govt
- Oppn trains guns on Akhilesh over Saifai celebrations, relief camp deaths
- Business as usual for top seed
- Mithun Perera, posterboy of Sri Lankan golf, makes a mark
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly