Minister stages protest for cause of cane farmers
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Amnesty welcomes SC verdict on transgender
- If Modi loses in Varanasi, no one will make him PM: Arvind Kejriwal
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
Congress MP and minister of state for Human Resource Development, Jitin Prasada led an agitation in front of a sugar mill in Hargaon, Sitapur on Saturday, raising various problems of the cane farmers of the area. Hargaon falls in Prasada's Dhaurahra parliamentary constituency of Lakhimpur Kheri. Sitting on a dharna in front of the mill, Prasada alleged that the mill manager is not purchasing the rejected variety of cane and the farmers are being harassed by middlemen and mill officials. As per a press release issued by the party, Prasada threatened of similar agitations across the state if the problems of farmers are not resolved.