Minister stages protest for cause of cane farmers
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Congress MP and minister of state for Human Resource Development, Jitin Prasada led an agitation in front of a sugar mill in Hargaon, Sitapur on Saturday, raising various problems of the cane farmers of the area. Hargaon falls in Prasada's Dhaurahra parliamentary constituency of Lakhimpur Kheri. Sitting on a dharna in front of the mill, Prasada alleged that the mill manager is not purchasing the rejected variety of cane and the farmers are being harassed by middlemen and mill officials. As per a press release issued by the party, Prasada threatened of similar agitations across the state if the problems of farmers are not resolved.