Minister stages protest for cause of cane farmers
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Congress MP and minister of state for Human Resource Development, Jitin Prasada led an agitation in front of a sugar mill in Hargaon, Sitapur on Saturday, raising various problems of the cane farmers of the area. Hargaon falls in Prasada's Dhaurahra parliamentary constituency of Lakhimpur Kheri. Sitting on a dharna in front of the mill, Prasada alleged that the mill manager is not purchasing the rejected variety of cane and the farmers are being harassed by middlemen and mill officials. As per a press release issued by the party, Prasada threatened of similar agitations across the state if the problems of farmers are not resolved.