Minister travels incognito by bus, finds Delhi roads 'unsafe'
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
Amid growing concerns over security on Delhi streets during night, Minister of State for Home R P N Singh on Friday night travelled incognito in a bus to see for himself the actual scenario.
Singh, who is in charge of internal security, undertook the journey on a Delhi Transport Corporation bus plying on
route number 604 from Moti Bagh to Chhatarpur Metro station, passing through R K Puram, Vasant Vihar, Munirka, Vasant Kunj and Chhatarpur.
He found virtually "no security" on the road and now would take steps to upgrade safety of citizens in Delhi.
He also found women talking about the problem of safety and security in the buses and lewd comments they had to experience while travelling and after disembarking.
Singh said that he would be undertaking such exercises regularly so as to make Delhi a safer place.
He commended the action taken by the Delhi Police in arresting those involved in the gang rape of the 23-year-old girl on Sunday night.