Minister travels incognito by bus, finds Delhi roads 'unsafe'
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Amid growing concerns over security on Delhi streets during night, Minister of State for Home R P N Singh on Friday night travelled incognito in a bus to see for himself the actual scenario.
Singh, who is in charge of internal security, undertook the journey on a Delhi Transport Corporation bus plying on
route number 604 from Moti Bagh to Chhatarpur Metro station, passing through R K Puram, Vasant Vihar, Munirka, Vasant Kunj and Chhatarpur.
He found virtually "no security" on the road and now would take steps to upgrade safety of citizens in Delhi.
He also found women talking about the problem of safety and security in the buses and lewd comments they had to experience while travelling and after disembarking.
Singh said that he would be undertaking such exercises regularly so as to make Delhi a safer place.
He commended the action taken by the Delhi Police in arresting those involved in the gang rape of the 23-year-old girl on Sunday night.