Ministers heckled by villagers of dead TMC men
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Arvind Kejriwal set to launch Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha poll campaign tomorrow at Rohtak
- Mata Amritanandamayi dismiss allegations against her ashram
- In Arunachal, Narendra Modi warns China against âexpansionistâ plans
- Sushma Swaraj on Rahul Gandhi's anti-graft efforts: Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali
Gautam Deb, Subrata Saha had gone to meet families of the victims killed in Raiganj on Friday
Two senior ministers of Mamata Banerjee cabinet were heckled at Maraikura village in Raiganj on Saturday when they reached there to meet the families of the two Trinamool Congress block level leaders, who were shot and hacked to death in broad daylight on Friday.
North Bengal Development Minister Gautam Deb and Public Works Department Minister Subrata Saha had to face the anger of the locals, who gheraoed them, demanding immediate arrest of the culprits and security of the residents. Police had to be called in to rescue the two ministers. The angry mob also ransacked the police vehicles as they tried to remove the road blockades.
Deb after meeting the victims' family said the culprits will be not be spared. "The victims were our people. We know who are doing this. Our government has started developmental work in the state. To obstruct the developmental works, our opponents in the area are committing these crimes," he said.
Police said the two óMukunda Das (35) and Khirod Das (55) ó were gunned down on the main road of Padmapukur village in Raiganj. While Mukunda was president of Raiganj block TMC Kisan Congress, Khirod was block vice-president of the party. Police have seized a 9 mm pistol from the crime spot. However no arrest has been made yet. According to witnesses, two persons came on a bike and shot the duo and hacked them in full public view.
According to the police, Raiganj has witnessed seven murders in the last 19 days and 30 murders in the last six months ó most of them being political in nature.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express