Minor ‘kidnap’: Yet to see girl’s letter, say parents
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
While the letter received by the Faridkot police allegedly written by the minor girl, who was 'kidnapped' on September 24, has created ripples, her parents claim they are yet to see it.
"I have not seen the letter so far. Some policemen came to our house on Sunday and took a page from my daughter's school notebook. They told me that they needed it to verify the handwriting. At the same time they showed me an envelope and asked me to identify whether the address written on it was in my daughter's handwriting," said Ashwani Kumar Sachdeva, the girl's father.
The letter, which was also addressed to the district sessions court, has someone claiming to be the girl, who states she left on her own accord and married Nishan Singh. The writer also accuses her parents of beating her up. Seeking security from the court, the writer has mentioned that in case any thing happens to her or Nishan Singh, her family and the police should be held responsible.
SSP Faridkot G S Dhillon, when contacted, said: "The letter has been added to the case file and will be verified. First, we need to know whether the letter has been written by the girl. We have also sent a team to the courier office in Paharganj at New Delhi and showed them pictures of the girl and the boy. The people working there have told two gazetted officers that first the boy came to get the envelopes and later the girl came along with the boy to send these letters."
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'