Minor ‘raped’, kept in confinement with father for 10 days
- Elections 2014 Live: Polling stopped at a booth in Bihar after officials recover cane bomb
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- Congress not aggressive enough, says Sharad Pawar
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Two CRPF jawans killed in Bihar before start of polling
A 12-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by her neighbour in Bawal area of the district. The rape took place on November 14 but came to light on Friday as the minor girl and her father were allegedly kept in confinement by a village sarpanch, the police said.
Manoj, the girl's neighbour, had allegedly raped her. After she narrated the incident to her father he approached the village sarpanch Chokh Ram. However, he advised them against approaching the police. When the girl's father insisted on filing a case, the sarpanch allegedly locked him and the girl. After escaping, they approached police. Manoj was arrested on Saturday. A case of wrongful confinement has been registered against Chokh Ram, who was absconding, the police said.
Centre dismisses Jayalalithaa charge, says TN got support
The Centre on Saturday dismissed Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's charge that it was following a negative approach on critical issues and said that the State has received adequate financial support from it.
"In particular, compared to other States, the Centre has given financial support to Tamil Nadu for development of ports, capacity generation whether it is at Neyveli Lignite Corporation or at the Tuticorin Thermal power Corporation", Minister of State in Prime Minister's Office V Narayanasamy told reporters here on Saturday.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi