Minor ‘raped for a year’, accused not yet arrested
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A south Kolkata youth has been accused of raping a minor for the last one year.
The incident took place at Miajan Ostagar Lane in Karaya area. Mother of the 16-year-old victim alleged that Shahzada Bux, a resident of Palm Avenue and an alleged police informer, has been raping her daughter regularly for over a year. She also alleged that the police were reluctant to take steps even after a complaint was filed.
"He is an area local and lured young girls. In the first week of September, he called my daughter and a friend of hers to an apartment at 13/J Tiljala Lane, promising to gift them a mobile phone and later, with the help of a (male) friend, raped the two girls," said Sultana Begum, mother of the victim.
In a complaint letter to the officer-in-charge of the Karaya police station on Novermber 5, she said that on October 10, her daughter was again molested by Shahzada, who threatened her with dire consequences if she talked about it with anyone. "Later when my sister spotted her crying, we came to know that for one year my daughter had been assaulted, raped and forced to take contraceptives," she said.
P Bhattacharya, Officer-in-Charge of Karaya PS agreed that a complaint has been received and also that the accused has not been arrested. Asked if the girl has been sent for a medical test, he said: "I can't tell you anything for the sake of investigation."