Minor ‘raped for a year’, accused not yet arrested
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
A south Kolkata youth has been accused of raping a minor for the last one year.
The incident took place at Miajan Ostagar Lane in Karaya area. Mother of the 16-year-old victim alleged that Shahzada Bux, a resident of Palm Avenue and an alleged police informer, has been raping her daughter regularly for over a year. She also alleged that the police were reluctant to take steps even after a complaint was filed.
"He is an area local and lured young girls. In the first week of September, he called my daughter and a friend of hers to an apartment at 13/J Tiljala Lane, promising to gift them a mobile phone and later, with the help of a (male) friend, raped the two girls," said Sultana Begum, mother of the victim.
In a complaint letter to the officer-in-charge of the Karaya police station on Novermber 5, she said that on October 10, her daughter was again molested by Shahzada, who threatened her with dire consequences if she talked about it with anyone. "Later when my sister spotted her crying, we came to know that for one year my daughter had been assaulted, raped and forced to take contraceptives," she said.
P Bhattacharya, Officer-in-Charge of Karaya PS agreed that a complaint has been received and also that the accused has not been arrested. Asked if the girl has been sent for a medical test, he said: "I can't tell you anything for the sake of investigation."
- Priest Murder Case: Two more priests take narco test
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal