Minor ‘raped for a year’, accused not yet arrested
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
A south Kolkata youth has been accused of raping a minor for the last one year.
The incident took place at Miajan Ostagar Lane in Karaya area. Mother of the 16-year-old victim alleged that Shahzada Bux, a resident of Palm Avenue and an alleged police informer, has been raping her daughter regularly for over a year. She also alleged that the police were reluctant to take steps even after a complaint was filed.
"He is an area local and lured young girls. In the first week of September, he called my daughter and a friend of hers to an apartment at 13/J Tiljala Lane, promising to gift them a mobile phone and later, with the help of a (male) friend, raped the two girls," said Sultana Begum, mother of the victim.
In a complaint letter to the officer-in-charge of the Karaya police station on Novermber 5, she said that on October 10, her daughter was again molested by Shahzada, who threatened her with dire consequences if she talked about it with anyone. "Later when my sister spotted her crying, we came to know that for one year my daughter had been assaulted, raped and forced to take contraceptives," she said.
P Bhattacharya, Officer-in-Charge of Karaya PS agreed that a complaint has been received and also that the accused has not been arrested. Asked if the girl has been sent for a medical test, he said: "I can't tell you anything for the sake of investigation."
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer