Minor boy arrested for ‘rape’
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
The police on Saturday arrested a minor for allegedly raping a girl in Budaun's Ujhawi area on Friday morning.
Investigating officer, Senior Sub-Inspector R N Chowdhary said they produced the boy before a court in Bareilly which sent him to a observation home. On Monday the boy would be produced before the Juvenile Justice Board, he added. The medical report of the girl is still awaited.
Inspector, Ujhawi police station, K Bithoria said the age of the boy is below 18 years, adding that the accused and victim are from the same locality. The inspector said the FIR stated that on Friday morning when the girl had gone out, the accused forcibly dragged her into a car. He took her to a secluded place outside the city and allegedly raped her.
Two-hours later, the boy dropped the girl outside her house. The girl informed her parents about the incident, following which the victim's father lodged an FIR against the boy. The police has also seized the vehicle.