Minor drugged, raped in Rohtak
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
A teenage girl was allegedly intoxicated, kidnapped and then raped by a young man in Srinagar colony of Rohtak district in Haryana. The accused identified as Sunil, a resident of village Aasan, was arrested and produced in court on Saturday. He was remanded to judicial custody. According to police, the incident took place on Friday night when the victim had gone out of her home for some work.
Haryana notifies 10% economic reservation
Chandigarh: Haryana Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes Minister Geeta Bhukkal has announced that the government has issued a notification to provide 10 per cent reservation in jobs under the government, government undertakings, local bodies and educational institutions for economically backward people in the general caste category of the state. "The total annual income of the applicant's family should not cumulatively exceed Rs 2.50 lakh per annum," Bhukkal said.
Govt to crack whip on illegal chemist stores
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday asked the health department to work out a viable proposal for delegating powers, such as those enjoyed by drug inspectors, to senior medical officers (SMOs) to ensure that the SMOs are also able to raid and take action against the pharmaceutical stores that sell illegal drugs. ENS
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'