Minor gangraped at Samajwadi Party MLA's house
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
A 12-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by a domestic help of the Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar, and his associates at the legislator's house here, police said today.
Rakesh and some of his associates allegedly abducted the girl while she had gone to attend to nature's call on Tuesday night and took her to MLA Jagram Paswan's house.
The MLA was not present in the premises at the time of the incident.
She was locked in a room for 21 hours and allegedly gangraped, police said, adding that the girl was later dropped at a secluded place last night using the MLA's vehicle.
On reaching her house she told her family about the incident leading to a strong protest by them and their neighbours who gathered at the MLA's house.
A case has been lodged and further investigations are on to identify the rest of the accused, police said.