Minor gangraped in Haryana, 4th case in a month
- Navy Chief DK Joshi takes responsibility for spate of accidents, resigns
- TRS gives jitters to Congress post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- SC orders arrest of Sahara chief Subrata Roy, says âarms of court very longâ
- KLF terrorist Bhullar will not be executed in present health condition, Centre tells SC
- BJP offers seven seats to Paswan but with a rider: 'your symbol, our candidate'
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three men at Tosham in Bhiwani district of Haryana. The incident took place on September 29. The victim, a class VIII student, belongs to a backward caste, the police said, adding they are yet to identify the accused.
This is the fourth gangrape in Haryana in as many weeks. Three of the victims are minors. The latest incident took place at Sandwa village. The girl was going to home with her grandmother.
"The girl has alleged that she was forcibly picked up by two youngsters in a Tata Sumo and taken to an unknown location; three youths raped her in the vehicle, and later dumped her near her house. The victim said she doesn't know the accused. We have got the girl's medical examination done. The report is awaited," said Mauji Ram, SHO of Tosham police station. "The alleged rape took place on September 29, but the girl's family informed the police only Sunday. We registered a case and got the girl's medical examination conducted at civil hospital, Bhiwani. We will identify the accused soon."