Minor girl abducted, raped, 2 arrested
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
In yet another shocking incident of sexual assault of women, a minor girl was allegedly kidnapped and raped here by two persons, including a bus conductor known to her, police said today.
Police have arrested the conductor and his accomplice within hours of the incident coming to their notice yesterday.
The girl, belonging to a poor family and studying higher secondary in a government school here, has been admitted to the Rajiv Gandhi Government Women and Child Hospital for medical examination, police said.
The victim was reported missing since the afternoon of January 1 after she left for her nearby village Kothapurinatham after attending a tuition class here.
Police said Muthu, the conductor, had approached her when she was waiting for bus stating that her mother had met with an accident and that she wanted to see her. Reposing faith in his words, the girl went along with him.
After making her unconscious by some means while travelling in the bus, he and his accomplice abducted her to a place in neighbouring Villupuram where the duo raped her, police said.
They then left her back at the bus terminal in Villupuram on Tuesday night. She contacted her parents over phone from a public booth asking them to come over there.
The parents filed a complaint with police at Thirubhuvanai and rushed to Villupuram and brought her back to Puducherry yesterday.
Superintendent of Police Palanivelu said cases had been registered against the two under sections 366 (kidnap) and 376 (rape) of Indian Penal Code.
- Modi’s Idea of India
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar