Minor girl assaulted by mentally deranged man
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subarta Roy stays in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A 10 year-old-girl was today allegedly assaulted by a mentally deranged man in a village here, police said.
The accused, a middle-aged person, caught hold of the minor girl in Vedullepalli village of Guntur district and allegedly bit her in stomach and neck.
The girl raised an alarm following which the passersby severely thrashed the man.
Later, police took him into custody.
The girl was referred to the government hospital at Baptla town for treatment, they added.