Minor girl gangraped by five teenagers in Guwahati
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A 12-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by five minor boys in the Hatigaon area here.
The girl was gangraped near her home on Sunday night when her mother was out on work as a daily wage earner, police said on Tuesday.
The five boys aged between 12 to 16 years, who are her neighbours and play together, called her outside her house and then gang-raped her, according to the FIR filed by the mother at Basistha police station.
On her mother's return from work the girl told her about the incident and she was immediately taken to the police station where the complaint was filed, the sources said.
All the five boys have been taken into custody and will be produced in the Juvenile Court here tomorrow, police said, adding, the girl after medical examination was now in the State Home for Women for her rehabilitation.