Minor girl raped by teacher in school toilet
- BJP hits back at Rahul's '56-inch-chest' remark on Modi, says he is a 'baby in diapers'
- After border tension, India and Pakistan involved in 'visa war'
- After expelling us, 'hypocrite' Kejriwal wants us back: Prashant Bhushan
- In Jammu, PM Narendra Modi disapproves of political untouchability
- Veteran communist leader K R Gouri to return to CPI(M) 21 years after expulsion
A Class III girl student was allegedly raped by a guest teacher in a school toilet at a village in Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh, police said
The incident occured On February 2, when the girl was sitting alone in the class room of Naveen Government Primary School at Lato village, the guest teacher - Prem Kumar (22) - asked her to go to the toilet for cleaning her nose, police said.
The accused then followed the girl and after reaching the toilet locked the door and allegedly raped her, Sub-Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) R F Kalda told reporters.
After reaching home, the victim informed about the offence to her grandmother, following which she approached the police yesterday and filed an FIR in this regard.
After an initial probe, police arrested Prem Kumar, the SDOP said.
The victim was initially admitted to the Mandla District Hospital, but when her condition deteriorated she was referred to Jabalpur Government Medical College.