Minor girl raped, murdered in TN
- As Ambedkar Association grew, so did its assertiveness
- Dalit suicide: ABVP leader claimed pain after ‘assault,’ operated for appendicitis
- 4th ODI, Live Score: Australia post 348/8 against India in Canberra
- Indian markets in a bear hug: Sensex, rupee back at level before Modi took charge
- India successfully puts its fifth navigation satellite into orbit
A 13-year-old girl was raped and murdered and her body found dumped in a bush near a railway level crossing in the district today.
The Class VII student, hailing from Thathankulam near here, used to go to the private school near Nazareth by local train and was reported missing yesterday after she did not return home.
Her body was found in a bush near the railway level crossing at Syedunganallur, about 30 km from here, this morning, police said, adding she had been raped before being murdered.
- What if law not dictate but allows old customs and traditions to do their work?
- Strictly regulated and independently audited jallikattu is the way to go
- Half-baked explanation to remove coconut tree from Preservation of Trees Act
- Of deaths and births
- Telescope: Why we don’t do comedy well
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed