Minor girl set on fire for resisting rape bid
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
A 14-year-old girl is battling for her life after she was set on fire for resisting a rape attempt by a youth here today.
Atendra barged into the house of the victim when she was alone last evening but the girl foiled his attempts to rape her by slapping him three-four times.
Enraged over the foiled attempt, the accused set the victim ablaze, police said.
As the neighbours rushed on hearing the alarm, the youth fled the scene, police said, adding that the girl was rushed to Lohia hospital here with 80 per cent burn injuries. She was later referred to Safai Mini PGI.
A case has been registered on the complaint of the father of the girl and efforts were on to arrest the youth, said SP, Nilabdh Chaudhary.
The police has taken the youth's uncle into custody for questioning.
The victim's condition was serious, said Dr B.B Pushkar, at the Lohia hospital.