Minor kills mother in Sonepat to marry boyfriend, arrested
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
- Sau chuhe kha ke billi haj ko chali: Sushma on Rahul's anti-graft efforts
- China should shed expansionist mindset: Narendra Modi
- Days after former Mumbai commissioner, another top cop quits post to join BJP
- Allegations against Mata Amritanandamayi's ashram serious: Pinarayi Vijayan
A month after a minor girl brutally killed her mother for interfering in her love life and dumped her body in a secluded area, the Haryana Police recovered the remains of the body and arrested the accused. The deceased, identified as Shiela, a widow, used to live in Gohana area of Sonepat with her daughter.
The police arrested the victim's daughter, her husband Surender and their associate Rinku. According to the police, the girl, a Class XII student, hatched a plan to eliminate her mother as she objected to her relationship with Surender.
On the night of October 25, the accused gave Shiela an overdose of sleeping pills in her glass of milk. After she fell unconscious, the girl informed her boyfriend and their associate. "After Shiela fell unconscious, Surender, Rinku and her daughter tied her with a motorcycle and carried her to a secluded place. The couple dug up a pit and made Shiela lie down inside. The girl then strangled her mother with the help of a dupatta," said a police officer said. After making sure that she was dead, the girl and her accomplices sprinkled three sacks of salt onto her body to ensure that the body deteriorated at the earliest. "The accused did not want to leave any clue and so they used salt to make the body deteriorate fast. The couple then filled the pit with sand and left the place," said an officer.
"On November 5, they got married and started living in the same area. The girl told her neighbours that Shiela had gone for a pilgrimage," said Gohana DSP Yashpal Singh.
The incident came to light after Shiela's brother Surdev came to Gohana in search of her sister. "He was shocked to see that the accused has been married to Surender despite Shiela's opposition. He got suspicious and registered a missing complaint with the police. He told us that he suspected the role of daughter and her husband behind Shiela's disappearance," an officer said.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers | The Indian Express