Minor kills mother to marry boyfriend
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A month after a minor girl brutally killed her mother for interfering in her love life and dumped her body in a secluded area, the Haryana Police recovered the remains of the mother's body and have arrested the accused. The deceased identified as Shiela, a widow, used to live in Gohana area of Sonepat, Haryana, with her daughter.
The police arrested the victim's daughter, her husband Surender and their associate Rinku. According to the police, the girl, a class 12 student, hatched a plan to eliminate her mother as she objected to her relationship with Surender.
On the night of October 25, the accused gave Shiela an overdose of sleeping pills in her glass of milk. After she fell unconscious, the girl informed her boyfriend and their associate. "After Shiela fell unconscious, Surender, Rinku and her daughter tied her with a motorcycle and carried her to a secluded place. The couple dug up a pit and made Shiela lie down inside. The girl then strangled her mother with the help of a dupatta," an official said. After making sure that she was dead, the girl and her accomplices sprinkled three sacks of salt onto her body to ensure that the body deteriorated at the earliest. "The accused did not want to leave any clue and so they used salt to make the body deteriorate fast. The couple then filled the pit with sand and left the place," police said.
After a week on November 5, the daughter married Surender. When she was asked about the whereabouts of her mother, she told the neighbours that Shiela had gone on a pilgrimage and would return after three months.
The incident came to light after Shiela's brother Surdev came to Gohana in search of her sister. "He was shocked to see that the accused has been married to Surender despite Shiela's opposition. He got suspicious and registered a missing complaint with the police. He told us that he suspected the role of daughter and her husband behind Shiela's disappearance," an official said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress