Minor poisoned to death after being raped in Haridwar
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
A 14-year-old girl was allegedly poisoned to death after being raped by a youth, who also mowed down her grandmother under the wheels of his car when she resisted his attempt to abduct the minor in Haridwar district, police sources said today.
The youth along with three of his associates forced his entry into the house of the victim at Manglore near Roorkee late on Monday night when her father, a truck driver, was away and dragged her into his car.
The girl's grandmother stood before the car to resist her abduction but the youth drove away mowing her down under its wheels, they said.
The victim's grandmother succumbed to her injuries a little later before she could be rushed to a hospital.
The victim returned home after two hours but she also succumbed on way to the hospital as she had allegedly been poisoned after being raped, they said.
Vajid, the main accused was arrested from Najibabad border (in UP) yesterday and the car used for the crime recovered from him, they said, adding a search is on to trace his three accomplices.
A case has been registered and it is being investigated from all angles by Manglore Circle Officer G B Pandey.