Minor who went missing is pregnant
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
In a shocking incident, a 14-year-old girl, who went missing from the city and returned a week later in November, 2012, tested positive for pregnancy on Saturday. The minor appeared before a magistrate on Saturday and has been sent to the Nari Niketan.
Police have arrested a driver, Vikas, for alleged rape and he will be produced in court on Sunday. The court has also directed authorities to ensure that the girl is made to visit a counsellor in GMSH-16.
The 14-year old minor, who had gone missing on November 29, returned after a week and had accused her stepfather of outraging her modesty. After the police questioned her, however, the girl retracted her statement said that she had an argument with her step-father, following which, she went to live with her maternal aunt. In her statements recorded before the duty magistrate, she had said that she was not troubled by her father and said that she had an argument with her parents and so she left her house. Since then she had been living with her parents.
Of late, however, her parents suspected something abnormal about her. So they brought her to the hospital and made her undergo diagnosis tests in the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16. Doctors then declared her three months pregnant.
The girl's step-father approached the police station in Sector 11 on January 11 and alleged that his daughter was allegedly raped by a person named Vikas, resident of Sector 25. She had allegedly asked her parents not to take any action against Vikas as she wanted to marry him.
As per the doctors, the 14-year-old is past the phase in which her pregnancy could be safely terminated. The girl will now stay in the Nari Niketan till she delivers a child.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'