Minorities panel chief wants NIA to probe Purna, Parbhani, Jalna blasts
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Rain, wind, hail interrupt play
State Minorities Commission has urged Union home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde to hand over investigation of Purna, Parbhani and Jalna bomb blasts to National Investigation Agency (NIA).
It said the blasts may have been carried out by right-wing Hindu groups and police and Maharashtra ATS seem to have overlooked vital clues.
"It is pertinent to note that during a search, Nanded Police recovered namaz caps, fake beard and Muslim attire from the house of RSS member Laxman Kondawar, but neither local police nor ATS has shown seriousness about these vital clues," commission chairman Munaf Hakeem has said in a letter sent to Shinde on January 17.
At the Congress chintan shivir last week, the home minister had accused BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting "Hindu terrorism".
NIA is probing the 2006 and 2008 Malegaon blasts. Its officers said they had made an "informal inquiry" in Jalna, Purna, Parbhani and Nanded cases but were yet to receive written orders. "These are also in all probability cases of right-wing terror. We are looking at links," said an officer.
Another senior officer said, "Facts of some of these cases are being used in our other probes. We are yet to receive orders from the ministry of home affairs."
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case